Women's Health Branch
Request for Applications (RFA)
10/09/19: RFA #A367: Family Planning Services
RFA A367: Family Planning Services
10/09/19: Family Planning RFA #A367 Q&A (PDF, 275 KB)
09/18/19: Family Planning Bidder’s Archived Webinar on 09/16/19 (1 hour, 16 minutes)
The North Carolina Division of Public Health, Women’s and Children’s Health Section has released RFA A367 - Family Planning Services.
- Request for Applications A367 Family Planning Services (PDF, 634 KB)
- Request for Applications A367 Family Planning Services Template (Word, 205 KB)
- RFA Endnote Citation Guidance (PDF, 100 KB)
- Instructions to Complete Open Window Budget Form (Word, 329 KB)
- Open Window Budget Form (XLS, 1010 KB)
Public or private non-profit agencies interested in assisting women and men in planning or preventing pregnancy that have the clinical capability are eligible to apply. For-profit agencies need not apply.
All prospective applicants are encouraged to attend a Bidder's Conference Webinar on Monday, September 16, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at https://whb.adobeconnect.com/fpbidder/. Any agency that plans to submit an application is strongly encouraged to register its intent by 5:00 p.m. on September 20, 2019 utilizing the following survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CK8H2XK.
Information requested on the registration form shall include the following:
- The legal name of the agency.
- The name, title, phone number, mailing address, and email address of the person who will coordinate the application submission.
- County(ies) where services will be offered.
Request for Applications Schedule
- September 5, 2019: Request for Applications released to eligible applicants.
- September 16, 2019: Bidder's Webinar.
- September 20, 2019: Notice of Intent due.
- October 2, 2019: End of Q&A period. All questions due by 5pm.
- October 9, 2019: Answers to Questions released as an addendum to the RFA.
- October 23, 2019: Applications due by 5pm.
- November 27, 2019: Successful applicants will be notified.
- June 1, 2020: Proposed contract begins.
RFA A367 Questions?
RFA A368: Perinatal/Neonatal Outreach Coordinator (PNOC) Program
The North Carolina Division of Public Health, Women's and Children's Health Section has released RFA A368: Perinatal/Neonatal Outreach Coordinator (PNOC) Program.
- Request for Applications A368 Perinatal/Neonatal Outreach Coordinator Program (PDF, 2 MB)
- Request for Applications A368 Perinatal/Neonatal Outreach Coordinator Program Template (Word, 214 KB)
- Guidance for Citing Sources in the Needs Assessment (PDF, 94 KB)
- Instructions to Complete the Open Window Budget Form (PDF, 464 KB)
- Open Window Budget Form (XLS, 1016 KB)
Applicants must be a North Carolina public or non-profit private institution and must have the capacity to serve the entire perinatal care region. Non-profit private institutions must document their 501(c)(3) status and must be registered to do business in the State of North Carolina before contract execution. Public agencies must provide a legal document or letter verifying both legal name and federal tax identification number. For-profit agencies need not apply.
Applicants must have expertise in providing multidisciplinary and subspecialty perinatal care and assist the Perinatal/Neonatal Outreach Coordinator in identifying specific perinatal issues and support programmatic interventions. The Perinatal/Neonatal Outreach Coordinator is not expected to provide direct clinical care but must have an ongoing relationship with perinatal staff to enhance program efforts and address program issues. The institution's staff will need to be actively involved in assisting the Perinatal/Neonatal Outreach Coordinator in identifying specific perinatal issues and support programmatic interventions.
All prospective applicants are required to participate in a Bidder's Webinar on Thursday, September 12, 2019 from 11:00am - 12:00 pm. On September 12th, beginning at 10:45 a.m., attendees can join the webinar as a “guest” by going to https://whb.adobeconnect.com/pocrfa/.
Please refer to the Request for Applications A368 document for more information on the Bidder's Webinar.
Request for Applications Schedule
- 9/3/19: Request for Applications released to eligible applicants
- 9/12/19: Required Bidder's Webinar
- 9/20/19: Questions regarding the RFA due in writing by 5:00 p.m.
- 10/7/19: Answers to Questions released to all applicants, as an addendum to the RFA.
- Posted at: https://whb.ncpublichealth.com/
- 10/31/19: Applications are due to the Women's Health Branch by 5:00 p.m.
- 12/6/19: Successful applicants will be notified
- 6/1/20: Contract begins
RFA A368 Questions?
Inquiries about this RFA are encouraged and may be directed to the following:
- Rebecca Severin
- Phone: (919) 707-5680
08/28/19: RFA #A369: Adolescent Parenting Program
RFA A369 - Adolescent Parenting Program
The North Carolina Division of Public Health, Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiatives has released RFA A369. Please see Funding Opportunities for more details.
RFA A366 - Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) PREPare for Success, Serving Youth in Out-of-Home Care Settings
The North Carolina Division of Public Health, Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiatives has released RFA A366. Please see Funding Opportunities for more details.
News and Highlights
07/02/19: OPA Family Planning Clinic Locator - Click the locator link to find a Title X Family Planning Clinic near you and call to make your appointment!
Women’s Preventive Health Services Covered By The Affordable Care Act (ACA)
North Carolina Medical Center Resources
- High-Risk Prenatal Care Resource List (PDF, 23 KB)
What We Do
The Women's Health Branch develops and promotes programs and services that protect the health and well-being of infants and of women during their child-bearing years. The goal is to improve the overall health of women, reduce infant sickness and death, and strengthen families and communities.
The Women's Health Branch also offers guidance, consultation and training for professionals who provide women's health services.
Local health departments and other community agencies serving each of the 100 counties in North Carolina provide a variety of these women's health services, including family planning, prenatal care, flu shots and other women's immunizations, and pregnancy care management. For more information on the services near you, contact your local health department.
- Before, Between, and Beyond Pregnancy
- Children and Youth Branch
- Division of Public Health
- Early Intervention Branch (N.C. Infant Toddler Program)
- Every Woman Southeast
- Immunization Branch
- Injury and Violence Prevention Branch
- March of Dimes
- NC Association of Local Health Directors
- Nutrition Services Branch
- Office on Women's Health
- Plan of Safe Care (POSC)
- Preconception Health and Health Care
- Show Your Love: Preconception Health
- Sickle Cell Syndrome Program
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiatives (TPPI)
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Branch
- Women's and Children's Health Section
Women's Health Branch
1929 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1929
Courier Number: 56-23-01
5601 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609
Main: (919) 707-5700
Fax: (919) 870-4827
Last Modified: October 8, 2019