Women's Health Branch
Request for Applications
- Addendum 1: Update to Successful Applicants Notification Date (PDF, 79 KB) - 12/14/18
- Addendum 2: RFA #362 Questions and Answers (PDF, 10 KB) - 12/14/18
- RFA A362 - North Carolina Sickle Cell Syndrome Program (PDF, 614 KB)
- RFA A362 - North Carolina Sickle Cell Syndrome Program (Word, 487 KB)
- Open Windows Budget Form (Excel, 1004 KB)
- Open Windows Budget Form Instructions (PDF, 394 KB)
Public or private nonprofit agencies (e.g., community based nonprofit organizations, local health departments, area health education centers (AHECs) and federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) are eligible to apply for funds under this Request for Applications. For-profit agencies need not apply.
It is recommended that all prospective applicant agencies participate in a bidders conference webinar on Friday November 30, 2018, 10:30am - 12pm.
Request for Applications Schedule
- 11/26/2018: Request for Applications released to eligible applicants.
- 11/30/2018: Bidder’s Conference/Teleconference (recommended)
- 12/07/2018: End of Q&A period. All questions due in writing by 5pm.
- 12/14/2018: Answers to Questions released to all applicants, as an addendum to the RFA.
- 1/15/2019: Applications due by 5pm.
- 1/18/2019: Successful applicants will be notified.
Call Kimberly Leathers at 919-707-5716 or email.
News and Highlights
Women’s Preventive Health Services Covered By The Affordable Care Act (ACA)
North Carolina Medical Center Resources
- High-Risk Prenatal Care Resource List (PDF, 23 KB)
What We Do
The Women's Health Branch develops and promotes programs and services that protect the health and well-being of infants and of women during their child-bearing years. The goal is to improve the overall health of women, reduce infant sickness and death, and strengthen families and communities.
The Women's Health Branch also offers guidance, consultation and training for professionals who provide women's health services.
Local health departments and other community agencies serving each of the 100 counties in North Carolina provide a variety of these women’s health services, including family planning, prenatal care, flu shots and other women's immunizations, and pregnancy care management. For more information on the services near you, contact your local health department.
- Before, Between, and Beyond Pregnancy
- Early Intervention Branch (N.C. Infant Toddler Program)
- Every Woman Southeast
- Immunization Branch
- Injury and Violence Prevention Branch
- March of Dimes
- Nutrition Services Branch
- Office on Women’s Health
- Plan of Safe Care (POSC)
- Preconception Health and Health Care
- Show Your Love: Preconception Health
- Sickle Cell Syndrome Program
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiatives (TPPI)
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Branch
- Women's and Children's Health Section
Women's Health Branch
1929 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1929
Courier Number: 56-23-01
5601 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609
Main: (919) 707-5700
Fax: (919) 870-4827
Last Modified: January 10, 2019