Women's Health Branch
Request for Applications (RFA)
RFA A370: Improving Community Outcomes for Maternal and Child Health (ICO4MCH) Program
The North Carolina Division of Public Health (DPH), Women’s and Children’s Health Section has released RFA A370: Improving Community Outcomes for Maternal and Child Health (ICO4MCH) Program.
- Request for Applications A370 Improving Community Outcomes for Maternal and Child Health Program (PDF, 683 KB)
- Request for Applications A370 Improving Community Outcomes for Maternal and Child Health Program Template (Word, 651 KB)
- Guidance for Citing Sources in the Needs Assessment (PDF, 215 KB)
- Instructions to Complete the Open Window Budget Form (PDF, 459 KB)
- Open Window Budget Form (XLS, 1,009 KB)
- Eligibility and Criteria Tool to Calculate Single or Multi-County Area (XLS, 33 KB)
Only local health departments/districts are eligible to apply for this RFA. Given the amount of funding available, the awarding of these funds is competitive. Single, regional, or multi-county applications are encouraged. For a multi-county application that includes different local health departments, one county must take the lead in submitting the application. DPH will accept applications from single or multi-county Local Health Departments (LHDs) that meet certain criteria of need.
The criteria include:
1,000 or more births in 2017 in the county(ies)
At least ONE of the following:
- Combined 2015-2017 infant mortality rate must be 10.8 or higher per 1,000 live births and 20 or more infant deaths;
- Combined 2015-2017 infant mortality disparity ratio must be 2.4 or higher;
- Percent of children <5 years of age living in poverty must be 38.9% or higher, American Community Survey, (ACS 2013-2017 data); or
- Percent of children <19 years of age who are uninsured must be 7.4% or higher (2017) Small Area Health Insurance Estimates, SAHIE).
LHDs should determine their eligibility, either as a single county or multi-county project, by assessing the data above using the tool provided by DPH in September 2019 -- Eligbility Tool (XLSX, 33 KB).
All prospective applicants are required to participate in a Bidder's Webinar on Monday, October 28, 2019 from 10:00 am - 11:00 am. On October 28th, beginning at 9:45 a.m., attendees can join the webinar as a “guest” by going to the Adobe Connect RFA #A370 Bidder's Webinar.
Request for Applications Schedule
- 10/18/19: Request for Applications released to eligible applicants
- 10/28/19: Required Bidder's Webinar
- 11/05/19: Questions regarding the RFA due in writing by 5:00 p.m.
- 11/13/19: Question and Answer addendum will be posted at https://whb.ncpublichealth.com/
- 12/04/19: Applications are due to the Women's Health Branch by 5:00 p.m.
- 12/20/19: Successful applicants will be notified
- 06/01/20: Contract begins
RFA A370 Questions?
Inquiries about this RFA are encouraged and may be directed to the following:
- LaDonna Warren, 919-707-5690
10/09/19: RFA #A367: Family Planning Services
RFA A367: Family Planning Services
10/09/19: Family Planning RFA #A367 Q&A (PDF, 275 KB)
09/18/19: Family Planning Bidder’s Archived Webinar on 09/16/19 (1 hour, 16 minutes)
The North Carolina Division of Public Health, Women’s and Children’s Health Section has released RFA A367 - Family Planning Services.
- Request for Applications A367 Family Planning Services (PDF, 634 KB)
- Request for Applications A367 Family Planning Services Template (Word, 205 KB)
- RFA Endnote Citation Guidance (PDF, 100 KB)
- Instructions to Complete Open Window Budget Form (Word, 329 KB)
- Open Window Budget Form (XLS, 1010 KB)
Public or private non-profit agencies interested in assisting women and men in planning or preventing pregnancy that have the clinical capability are eligible to apply. For-profit agencies need not apply.
All prospective applicants are encouraged to attend a Bidder's Conference Webinar on Monday, September 16, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at https://whb.adobeconnect.com/fpbidder/. Any agency that plans to submit an application is strongly encouraged to register its intent by 5:00 p.m. on September 20, 2019 utilizing the following survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CK8H2XK.
Information requested on the registration form shall include the following:
- The legal name of the agency.
- The name, title, phone number, mailing address, and email address of the person who will coordinate the application submission.
- County(ies) where services will be offered.
Request for Applications Schedule
- September 5, 2019: Request for Applications released to eligible applicants.
- September 16, 2019: Bidder's Webinar.
- September 20, 2019: Notice of Intent due.
- October 2, 2019: End of Q&A period. All questions due by 5pm.
- October 9, 2019: Answers to Questions released as an addendum to the RFA.
- October 23, 2019: Applications due by 5pm.
- November 27, 2019: Successful applicants will be notified.
- June 1, 2020: Proposed contract begins.
RFA A367 Questions?
News and Highlights
07/02/19: OPA Family Planning Clinic Locator - Click the locator link to find a Title X Family Planning Clinic near you and call to make your appointment!
Women’s Preventive Health Services Covered By The Affordable Care Act (ACA) - Preventive Health Services for Women
North Carolina Medical Center Resources - High-Risk Prenatal Care Resource List (PDF, 23 KB)
What We Do
The Women's Health Branch develops and promotes programs and services that protect the health and well-being of infants and of women during their child-bearing years. The goal is to improve the overall health of women, reduce infant sickness and death, and strengthen families and communities.
The Women's Health Branch also offers guidance, consultation and training for professionals who provide women's health services.
Local health departments and other community agencies serving each of the 100 counties in North Carolina provide a variety of these women's health services, including family planning, prenatal care, flu shots and other women's immunizations, and pregnancy care management. For more information on the services near you, contact your local health department.
- Before, Between, and Beyond Pregnancy
- Children and Youth Branch
- Division of Public Health
- Early Intervention Branch (N.C. Infant Toddler Program)
- Every Woman Southeast
- Immunization Branch
- Injury and Violence Prevention Branch
- March of Dimes
- NC Association of Local Health Directors
- Nutrition Services Branch
- Office on Women's Health
- Plan of Safe Care (POSC)
- Preconception Health and Health Care
- Show Your Love: Preconception Health
- Sickle Cell Syndrome Program
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiatives (TPPI)
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Branch
- Women's and Children's Health Section
Women's Health Branch
1929 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1929
Courier Number: 56-23-01
5601 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609
Main: (919) 707-5700
Fax: (919) 870-4827
Last Modified: November 1, 2019