Women's Health Branch
Request for Applications (RFA) #A373 - Maternal Outreach Coordinator Program - Updated 03/18/20
The North Carolina Division of Public Health, Women’s and Children’s Health Section has released RFA A373-Maternal Outreach Coordinator Program.
- RFA A373 Maternal Outreach Coordinator Program (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Open Window Budget Form (Excel, 1010 KB)
- Open Window Budget Form Instructions (DOC, 342 KB)
- Questions and Answers - Addendum #1 (PDF, 112 KB) - 02/28/20
- RFA A373 - Maternal Outreach Coordinator Program - Electronic Submission - Addendum #2 (PDF, 162 KB) - 03/18/20
North Carolina based public or private non-profit institution that is physically located within the primary perinatal care region (PCR) it proposes to serve and have the capacity to serve the entire perinatal region are eligible to apply under this Request for Applications. A funded program can work outside of their designated PCR with letters of commitment from birthing facilities in the targeted PCR included in the application. A listing of counties in each PCR can be found in Appendix A. For-profit agencies need not apply.
All prospective applicants are encouraged to attend a Bidder's Conference/Webinar on February 14, 2020 at 2:00 pm. To participate in the webinar, please log onto Adobe Connect using this webinar link and dial 919-501-4272 to hear audio. On February 14, beginning at 1:45 pm, attendees can join the webinar as a "guest".
Please refer to the Request for Application A373 document for more information on the Bidder’s Webinar.
Application Process Summary Dates
02/06/2020: Request for Applications released to eligible applicants.
02/14/2020: Bidder's Conference/Webinar.
02/20/2020: End of Q&A period. All questions due in writing by 5pm.
02/27/2020: Answers to questions released to all applicants, as an addendum to the RFA.
03/20/2020: Applications due by 5pm.
04/15/2020: Successful applicants will be notified.
06/01/2020: Contract proposed start date.
Call Shelby Weeks at 919-707-5707 or email.
News and Highlights
03/20/20: COVID-19 and Pregnancy
07/02/19: OPA Family Planning Clinic Locator - Click the locator link to find a Title X Family Planning Clinic near you and call to make your appointment!
Women’s Preventive Health Services Covered By The Affordable Care Act (ACA) - Preventive Health Services for Women
North Carolina Medical Center Resources - High-Risk Prenatal Care Resource List (PDF, 23 KB)
What We Do
The Women's Health Branch develops and promotes programs and services that protect the health and well-being of infants and of women during their child-bearing years. The goal is to improve the overall health of women, reduce infant sickness and death, and strengthen families and communities.
The Women's Health Branch also offers guidance, consultation and training for professionals who provide women's health services.
Local health departments and other community agencies serving each of the 100 counties in North Carolina provide a variety of these women's health services, including family planning, prenatal care, flu shots and other women's immunizations, and pregnancy care management. For more information on the services near you, contact your local health department.
- Before, Between, and Beyond Pregnancy
- Children and Youth Branch
- Division of Public Health
- Early Intervention Branch (N.C. Infant Toddler Program)
- Every Woman Southeast
- Immunization Branch
- Injury and Violence Prevention Branch
- March of Dimes
- NC Association of Local Health Directors
- Nutrition Services Branch
- Office on Women's Health
- Plan of Safe Care (POSC)
- Preconception Health and Health Care
- Show Your Love: Preconception Health
- Sickle Cell Syndrome Program
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiatives (TPPI)
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Branch
- Women's and Children's Health Section
Women's Health Branch
1929 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1929
Courier Number: 56-23-01
5601 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27609
Main: (919) 707-5700
Fax: (919) 870-4827
Last Modified: March 24, 2020